When packing a bag for the hospital should i pack the baby a seperate bag or put everything together?

I cant remember what i did before mind you this is my fourth child i should know lol

Monique78

Asked by Monique78 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A baby usualy only needs one or two outfits and a few diapers, it will all fit in the same bag as yours
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I would just everything together. They have everything you'll need at the hospital for the baby. Just bring take home clothes, blankets and the carrier.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I always put the baby's stuff in with mine in one bag...basically because you go in with one bag, and leave with like 100! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I usually put everything together... I do pack a "wet bag" for dirty clothes or things she spits up on while in the hospital, but beyond that I don't do anything special with their clothes.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I know this doesn't really answer your question but I never bring anything to the hospital when having a baby but myself...and my sudoku book for if I get bored. If I really need something, my husband usually brings it from home. I have 4 now too.

From this being your fourth, you know they give you everthing you need there so condense it to just one bag.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I hear that you get a ton of stuff, so bring an extra bag! I wouldn't think you'd need to take much more than an outfit, a few diapers, my fav blankets, and a burp cloth. That's all I have ready in my bag anyway..
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I made the baby a separate bag. Only because my bag was so small tho. All i packed was 2 outfits. My girls both picked out an outfit for him to come home in so i figured he could spend one day wearing one and then come home in the other. I also had some socks his baby book, a small blanket and i think thats it. the hospital provides the diapers. but as soon as they come out they start scratching their faces up. thats what the socks were for. the blanket was for pretty pics bc lets face it the hospital doesnt always have the prettiest blankets lol
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I put the babies stuff in with mine. I brought a take home outfit, socks, a hat, a binki (if you want them to use it), a blanket and their car seat, which I left in the car until we needed it. The hospital have diapers and outfits for the baby while your there.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I put everything in the diaper bag. My hospital gave a packing list at pre-registration and suggested bringing as little as possible. I just put his clothes in a zip lock bag mainly so I could keep it all together. And the bringing an extra bag probably wouldnt hurt! We had sooo much stuff to bring home!
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Thanks ladies you all were very helpful
    Monique78

Comment by Monique78 (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010