Do you think Marijuana is really that bad of a drug? Legalized? adult content

Curious of others opinions. I personally do not smoke but I see it as no different than alcohol (except that it's illegal). Putting aside that illegal aspect, do you think it should be legalized and just regulated like alcohol?
Sorry if any words are mis-spelled

lovmyhubby

Asked by lovmyhubby at 5:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• compared to alcohol it's practically harmless. alcohol is one of the most physically and emotionally destructive substances there is - i cannot figure out how that crap is legal and marijuana is not. and before the bashing begins, i do understand the harmful effects of marijuana, this is a comparison i'm talking about.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I do think it should be legalized, and regulated. I think alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana and that is legal. This way they can tax the heck out of it and come up....
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I really have no problem with it. Never smoked it or used it for any reason, but I don't have an issue with people who do as long as it's not affecting their parenting or their work. Sometimes I wonder how much more pleasant people would be if they smoked weed instead of getting drunk...? LOL
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No, it is not chemically processed unlike other drugs and there is really no comparison to alcohol, that damages your liver among other things. Legalization would be beneficial for a lot of reasons.

Answer by older at 5:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't smoke it, I was never a real fan of it even as a teen when I did smoke it from time to time. However, seeing how it's no more dangerous, in fact it's been proven to cause LESS damage than alcohol, why not? Seriously... Legalize it, tax it & place it under similar laws to alcohol. Not to mention there ARE medical uses which have also been proven. Smokeing weed is FAR less harmful than chemically created and altered medications, yet instead of handing people a bag of weed we are writing them prescriptions for harmful and addictive pills... Yeah, that's makes sense! Come on... It's sad that we even have to discuss this, I mean, we are SUPPOSED to be a free country, so why does ANYONE have a right to decide what someone does or doesn't put in their body in their own home?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Legalize! 100%! I don't smoke, I used to. I've seen people get in fights when their drunk, and actually kill somebody (accident, yes. But still, Drinking and driving, killing people.) You hear about that more than when somebody was stoned.

I don't think it's a gateway drug either.

Medical marijuana is legal in some places, if it's proven to help people...and if I were sick and it could help me (in any way shape or form)-roll me a fat one.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I dont smoke it or use it in any other way but I think it should be legalized.Medically it could do a lot of good. However, I think that laws allowing jobs to test for drugs should remain in place as well as laws concerning driving under the influence. If you want to do drugs know that you could lose your job, your license or (hopefully not) your life. I just dont think the government should protect you from yourself.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• legalise it yep
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I've always been on the fence about this. I can't say it shouldn't be legalized because that would make me a hypocrite, as when I was a teen I smoked it a lot, but of course I've given it up since I've become a mom. However, it does slow down judgment drastically. It also depends how much has been smoked and each individual person. Like alcohol, some people can take 2 hits and be stoned while others can smoke a blunt to themselves and be "buzzed", same as someone being a "2 beer queer" and someone who takes a lot to get drunk. Maybe if it were monitored in some way while in public, same as drinking, the bartender eventually cuts you off at some point or calls a cab for you, if there was a way to do that (except in the privacy of your own home, of course) But then everyone would bitch that they should be able to smoke as much as they want. I do think putting regulations on it would probably be the best way.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I smoke it on occasion. Yet, my friends smoke it much more. I don't have a problem with it at all. I think it should be legalized. It's not worse than alcohol. In fact, it puts most people in a much better mood. And, i for one love being in a better mood...........LOLOLOL
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2010