Can you eat sea food while pregnant?

Am really confused if you could eat sea food while pregnant

EvaMaria18

Asked by EvaMaria18 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• some... lol stay away from any canned fish like tuna! But I would talk to your doctor, there suposed to give u a sheet of paper that tells you what you can and cant eat.
    Anonymous

• http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/nutritioninpregn/a/fishyfacts.htm
    copy and paste this in your browser, I ate very little shrimp while I was pregnant, and no tuna due to mercury in it if you google your ? you will find alot about it, good luck
    sillybabys

Answer by sillybabys at 7:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Seafood coming from some areas has been shown to be contaminated with mercury, and some types of seafood are more prone to higher concentrations of mercury. That seafood is not fished and is not approved for consumption, so you won't find it in a store or restaurant. Don't eat seafood from a source that isn't trustworthy and as with any other food, make sure it is cooked thoroughly.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I love seafood! I only let myself have some type of seafood once every 3 to 4 weeks. I'm 14 weeks prego =)
    Tamara_Fisher

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 12:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• yes. just no fish high in mercury. i'm in south louisiana, and i lived on the stuff. when i was pregnant wiht my daughter crawfish was the only thing i could keep down.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2008