sister coming over and non stop talking about our dad- who sexually abused me

her and her husband and child moved in with them (yes I know shes FN crazy for doing that). We have already talked about that and she would not agree to go somewhere else. Well, they come over constantly now and all they talk about is my dad.Complain and say how he says this and that and how his health is real bad. I have said I dont care, dont want to talk about him but they still do. How do I deal with this? Im at the point that it's bringing up old feelings of anger towards him and Im depressed. I need help and so does she for moving her family in with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I have the same roblem with my gradnfather. But I have disconnected myself from the whole family except my mom dad brother and grandmother. My grandmother would always talk and talk and talk about how i needed to rejoin the family and all kinds of other things. I finally put my foot down i told her she could call and talk to me check on her grandkids but i now and never again in the future want to talk about my grandfather. I told her she doesnt know what i went thru and therefore do not want to talk about it. So now when she calls to chat or what not she doesnt bring it up. Sometimes you just have to put your foot down sometimes.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I think you can only be accountable for your actions. You can explain to her in a one on one conversation about your fears of her and her child moving in with him and explain to her your issues with him. If you have told her or can tell her, and she still does nothing about it. Then you have done all that you can. It's in the hands of someone else now. And, as far as you are concerned, you need to talk to someone and get the emotions of what he did to you out. I had the same thing happen to me. But, i was so young that it did not carry over much into my adult life. But, then again it was only touching from what i can remember. Go see someone and try to move past it. It will only eat you up inside and cause you pain. Forgive him and let it go...That's the only answer!........Good Luck!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If it bothers you that much - tell your sister that she's either to cease all talk about Dad OR stop coming over.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2010