how do i know if my baby has schizophrenia ?

cuz he screams alot and hes really loud and crabby for the past couple of days and once in a while when i change his he nods his head in a "no" manner and he looks around at things that arent there? hes 8days away from his 1st birthday .. or is this something normal for his age? and also he could be changing because i switched formulas because simalac came off the market ? help me!

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normal. He's one! Plus, it's only been a couple days.

The only way you'd know is if the doctor told ya so :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i am schizophrenic and all i can tell you is that at not even 1yrs old it is so hard to tell...you need to talk to your doctor and ask him/her about it...but b4 they start school it is hard for anyone to determent anything...best of luck mama
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It could be the formula change. Did he act that way before the change?...Or, has he always been crabby?...If you can't answer some of those questions...have him tested!...GL
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It sounds pretty normal to me, he could just be affected by the formula change or a change in his routine, but it can never hurt to talk to the doctor if you're worried.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Wow, I am so surprised people think babies are schizophrenic? That is sad.

It could be a physical problem going on. Telling your concerns to a doctor will help.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 5:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Sounds like pretty normal baby experimenting to me...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Seriously??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• A bit paranoid are you? This is obviously your first baby, and you havnt been around kids that much?!? Babies look at things, are crabby(teething, ear ache, diaper too tight, ichy, cold, etc etc) they cant talk and so crying and being crabby is how they comunicate. They wont always act the same, temperments change...
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Um, I highly doubt you'd know at this age. I'm willing to bet some of the crabbiness is due to the formula change, unless he acted that way before the change. At this age they are frustrated because they want to be able to communicate, but still aren't quite able to tell or show you what they want yet. My kids hated having their diapers changed at that age, because they wanted to be playing and trying to explore. They didn't liked to be forced to lay down for any period of time. He sounds like a normal 1 yr old to me.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My daughter said to tell you, it's a phase and they usually grow out of it when they become adults. LOL! Seriously, it sounds pretty normal to me!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010