son only feeds for one parent...????

My 5 month old ds will only feed for his dh right now. That makes it so hard for me during the day when he sleeps(he works nights). There are times when he has only fed for me. He will throw a fit push his headback and scream if he is not getting who he wants to feed him. I know it's gonnna be a long night. He has done this to dh when he wants me. We both feed him the same...I'm in tears because I know it's gonna be a rough several hours. I would never hurt my son btw and I am gentle. I am asking anonymous and this is all I get to say is what I say here. On top of it he is teething....and he is having a little bit of a constipation problem. These past few days he wants maybe 2-3 oz at a time. That takes a long time to get his onces and get him in bed at a decent hour. There is always some reason why he won't ....he is too excited...then too tired. He wants dad to feed him. He would rather have me at times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• this is why im gald i breastfeed. man that sounds so hard... maybe dont let DH feed him anymore, for a while and when hes is hungry enough he will just settle down and eat.... hes not gunna starve himself b/c he would rather his daddy, but yea i would also try and have something of DH's on, shirt, hat... whatever. good luck.
    xotatiannaxo

Answer by xotatiannaxo at 6:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You try wearing something that smells like your hubby?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Babie's aren't really programmed to be fed by more than one person. It could be confusing to him and he's having trouble establishing who his "main" caregiver is. Establishing a bond and routine with a "main" caregiver is really important to some babies (for security reasons). If you are with him 100% of the time, then only you do feedings. Dad can help in other ways.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2010