How to get over your Ex?

How do you get over a break up....And stay broken up?...FOREVER?....Even when you can't change your home phone number and he knows it?

gogogirl79

Asked by gogogirl79 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Just remember you have two feet, you can stand on your own, and you can walk away from conflict. You know the song, "I am Woman" listen to it once a day and keep on going.
    nananessa

Answer by nananessa at 6:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I just stepped over him and kept on going. There is no law that says you have to answer his calls. Just don't look back.
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 6:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I would like to suggest a book, Breaking up without breaking down, there is a web site with the same name, just add .com, you can also buy the book there , it is really very helpful!

Answer by older at 6:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It's hard and when they say it takes about 7 years it really does. I don't know what to tell you except for stay busy that's what I did in time it will get better
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Thanks for all the advice....i will keep the "just don't look back" in mind...That really helps!..More than u can know!
    gogogirl79

Comment by gogogirl79 (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It does take time. It took me two yrs to get over my ex husband and it took longer to acturally to be comfortable enough to talk to him again. We had to have a communication going for my son sake cause we couldn't be hating each other and try to raise my son together. We are good now we can talk to each other and have communication without having hateful words.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• @ nananessa.........Thanks a bunch........That really helps...I can't seem to quit crying today...I am Cafemom obsessed now!.....Ha Ha!
    gogogirl79

Comment by gogogirl79 (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• LOL-nananessa! i listen to " I am Woman " all of the time:) i also love to listen to " I'm Coming Out " by: Diana Ross when i'm having a hard time with something- It is going to take what we all wish it didn't- Lots of Time....... i think you really have to go through a Grieving Process- Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 6:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• @ daisyb.........Thanks!
    gogogirl79

Comment by gogogirl79 (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2010