Do you shop at Goodwill?

Do you shop thrift stores?...If so, which ones....If not, why not?

gogogirl79

Asked by gogogirl79 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I love the goodwill store near me! All of the baby clothes are $.99! And I can find great bored games for $3! I went to my parents goodwill (in a town where the people probably have a lower average income) and the stuff was way too expensive for my tastes used baby clothes started at about $3 and I know what brands are worth what, and walmart onsies that were probably $3 originally were being sold for the same price lol. I like thrift stores, but I like to know the price of new things because I find you don't always get the best deals.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I shop at Goodwill at times when I am broke & need something or when I just want something like for a Halloween costume that I don't want to pay a lot of money for there's nothing wrong with that
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't shop at our local good will, but I do like the one that is in a ritzy community about 50 minutes from here. Their stuff is AWESOME. I have gotten new high end baby clothes with the tags still on. :D My good friend usually goes with me and buys jeans there that are just stupidly expensive if purchased new.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Not often, but I do look for household items if I need something and my son loves shopping for toys there.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I love shopping at Goodwill u get good deals on Furnitures that I can put in my apt for now until I have enough money for a good set of furnitures when I move to Auburn NY.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Our Goodwill seems to be pretty stocked, I shop there all the time. Especially since my daughter got into crafty stuff like sewing. I couldn't imagine buying something like fabrics and lace etc full price brand new, of course, I never thought I would be buying that stuff period, lol. But also, cookware, and coffee mugs. And, as one of the few dinosaurs left with a VHS player, I have an extensive collection of Videos I got from goodwill. LOVE secondhand shopping.
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 6:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yes, but it really depends where Goodwill is located.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have shopped once in a thrift store. I think you can get some good buys in there! I don't have a need too right now but I do think they are a good idea for people with little income!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• YES- i Love my Goodwill Store near me:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 6:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't shop at thrift stores. It's not worth it to me to waste my time diving through piles of smelly used stuff to score some of the used stuff for myself.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2010