More babies?

Has any of you wanted more children but decided not to because of money? Well I am a mom of Three boys ranging from 4 years old to almost 4 months old. I would like to have another one but am not sure what to do. I don't want another one for a little while but I don't know what kind of financial situation we will be in. If it were you would you let money rule your decision?BTW I am a stay at home mom my husband is the one who brings the money home.

Kayla23boys

Asked by Kayla23boys at 10:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• I did held back because of that thought. Since I had my boy a told my husband I would go for just a sencond one, but we were not financially estable. So we are deciding to have our second baby now that our son doesn't use the diapers anymore and the bottle. I just think is better, that way our kids get what they need and I wouldn't be depriving them from those things.
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 10:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I wouldn't let that be the descision because you will have hard times at any time and children are a blessing from God, so i don't think that should be a factor, my sil's didn't want us to have a baby because "we weren't ready", i believe that if thats what you want then do it, you may never be finanicailly ready, or any other way but if its what you want then do it. Just manage money better if it gets really bad, Good Luck!!!!!
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 10:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• well if you and your husband are in agreement of having another one down the line then start saving little by little now and see where you end up and what your thoughts are in the future and if you decide then not to have one then you have a little extra cash for something else
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i am in that situation also, we have 2yo,12yo,15yo, all girls!! we really want a boy but afraid what will happen financially to us,
    wonderpetsmom

Answer by wonderpetsmom at 12:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I really wanted 4. We have a boy and a girl. As much as it was hard I had to agree with my husband that we can't afford anymore.
    We both work because his income alone is not enough in Southern CA.
    When I work we could afford more, but I am not banking on always being employed, especially not in this economy. I think finances should play a part in the decision but not be the only factor.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Unfortunately money decides many things we do in our lives these days..I would love to have more children but my hubby does not, but yes...it is all due to money... not just a little more...we want a lot more.......like Donal Trump dirt rich... and I know we are on our way...but I am already nearing 40 and do not want to be an older mom... I am very happy with my 3... well, perhaps in my next life. LOL... all kidding aside....if that is what you really want, why not consider a home based business you can do around the kids schedule and earn extra income...sky is the limit on how much you can make in the business I am in...Feel free to email me for more info...not only will you make money, you will be healthy and helping others with their health too...
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2008