Haeve you ever been on early "bedrest" to prevent a M/C????

This is strange to me, this has never happened with my 3 previous pregnancies. I went into the ER a few days ago and was told that I had a threatened miscarriage. Light cramping, 1 spot of blood and the u/s showed only a sac no baby. Well, at that point I was 5 weeks 3d. It could have been too early for the u/s but the doc put me on bedrest for a week! Ever heard of this? Any opinions?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes I've had 4 mc and on my 6th pregnancy was on bedrest until 12wks and pelvic rest they said they didn't want a lot of movement to cause any bleeding that might be normal but they wouldn't know and they wanted to make sure the baby was really attached bc they said no bouncey or jolting movements I'm still pregnant now 36 wks
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It's just too early to see the baby. Ultrasounds can be off give or take 2 weeks. Every pregnancy I had was a "threatened miscarriage" and were all carried to term and never had bedrest.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010