• In the Spotlight:

getting back together with an ex?

i moved in with my ex-husband to get out the abusive relationship that i was in with my son's dad. i've always loved my ex-husband and always will. when i first moved in i told him that i really wanted him back, but that it was up to him on whether he wanted me back or not too. he told me for about 2 weeks that i needed to find a new boyfriend. well now that i've maybe found a new boyfriend, my ex-husband is telling me that he wants me back. we are really good together, but i'm soo confused and i don't know what to do. any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• Men want what they can't have. You need to make a choice and if you choose this other guy then you need a new place. You left your ex for a reason and you need to evaluate if it is still valid. Be casreful not to make the easy choice but the best for you and your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• don't take this the wrong way thats not how it is meant but if you were really good together then he wouldn't be your ex and it sounds like he doesn't want you but he doesn't want any one else to have you he wants you to be there waiting for him if and when he gets ready for you again
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I'd have to agree with the other women--- he's your ex for a reason. Sounds like he wants to have his cake & eat it, too. Be careful... try not to let yourself only remember the "good" times from the past-- remember the reasons why it ended, also. Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• It sounds like he is confused or may only want you back because you have found someone new. If you are willing to take a second chance with your ex and he is a good as u say than go for it. I would be skeptical about this if he has been telling you to move on and then you start and he now says oh I want u back. If you do go back with the ex be cautious and don't put everything you have into him. Don't be surprised if he starts to back pedal if u do get back together. Good luck and be wise about your decisions.
    Anonymous