Would you buy Puppy Tweets? An electronic dog tag that sends messages through Twitter.

If a dog is very active, he could tweet: "Chasing everything that moves is definitely a full time job!" If he is sleeping, his inactivity might trigger the message: "Your comforter does just what its name says it does."
A limited number of the tags went on sale earlier this year. Some buyers on Amazon.com complained about software problems, which Cooper said the company was working on and had mostly resolved.

The tags won't work on small dogs or cats, she said. And you can retweet messages as they come in, but you can't reply — at least not yet, Cooper said.
Link to full article: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39487253/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pets

• No, this sounds like a complete waste of money. I'm sure there are people who would buy them, people buy all kinds of weird things, but really isn't twitter free? If you have the free time to try and entertain others with doggy tweets couldn't you just do it yourself. Better still, take your dog to the park and let him enjoy the real birds - I'm sure he would be much happier.puppy

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• As a pet lover, I would have to say NO thats the stupid idea I've heard of, I can't believe people are spending money on them. Thats really pointless.

I can just see what my big dogs tweets would be, well the B*tch kicked me off the sofa again, or Damn kids wont stop throwing the basket ball at the fence, time to wake everyone up with some barking. ooo there goes that cat.... *eye roll*
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Nope, no way...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Um No. I could only imagine what he would be tweeting... stuff like:

"Gotta Pee, open the door"

"There is no good spots to poop today"

"Hmm... I wonder if she's going to give me scraps today"

"Why can't I lay on the couch"

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I love my dogs, just like they were my kids.. but I have to say this is a STUPID idea. I agree, if you're going to do it, why not just go the free way and type things yourself. At least then they could be somewhat accurate and you could make it a little funny.

So no, I would not waste my money on this.
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 8:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Bad enough that people have to know what everyone is doing every minute of the day. No way would I do something like that to my dog. Is there no privacy in this world anymore? Besides the dogs would just keep twittering feed me, give me snacks, how do you open the refrigerator or worse yet invite other dogs over for parties when we are gone LOL. Would be interesting to know what dogs really say to each other but NO I would not buy it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• HAHAH noooooooooo!!!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010