What to do??

I am 30 weeks pregnant and have been on bedrest since 21 weeks.. I only have a little over 5 weeks left before i come off the meds and the bedrest.. but last night i made a list of things that need to be done before the baby gets here... its a long list.. and my husband and in laws are ALL about waiting on everything! I can't stand it. i say something like this needs to be done and he (or they) say it will get done.. ok well we only have a little over 5 weeks left.. IF that. He asked his mom if she was planning on throwing a baby shower since my mom was and we didnt want someone to take over and her get her feelings hurt.. she said yea but it was obvious she didnt. So our friends that offered to we let them but she was still set on planning it on a day that she was in town??? so we did and of course she wanted to wait til the end of Oct. Now I am stressing that I wont be able to have my shower bc my cervix has shortened to 1.4

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sorry you have to go through this. I TOTALLY understand how you're feeling. Have you tried talking to your husband about how you feel? Being that you're on bed rest, he should be your advocate. I think you should talk to him and tell him how you feel about keeping the house clean and it adds to your stress levels when things aren't clean. I'm sure he's tired too but all it takes is one day to just clean up and a few seconds to clean up after yourself. MEN> I tell you. You can't live with them, and (some of us) can't live without them.

In regards to what you need or things you want done...Do you have the baby's crib, some clothes, blankets, pampers etc? Those are the bare necessities. I would explain to your family that you need your things before the baby comes so you don't have to worry about it when he/she is there. You will have enough to worry about and buying things should be the least of your worries.
    SweetSmeek

Answer by SweetSmeek at 8:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• and if it shortens to less than 1 i have to go on hospital bedrest. My house is NASTY! i can't stand being in it because clothes and dishes need to be washed DAILY if not the every other day and my husband is the slowest man i have ever met. he works nights and he doesnt use his mornings/afternoons to do ANYTHING! I am feeling very overwhelmed because I need things clean, organized, and ready. taken care of and it isnt happening like it should and I cant do anything to get them done. what do i do?
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Do you have a close friend or sibling you could ask for help? My dh didn't do a thing with either pregnancy. I moved furniture (was not on bed rest!) He just never found any of the things that needed to be done important. My parents came and helped me. I know it's difficult not being able to get things done on your time schedule, maybe if you make a list from most important (and time sensitive) to the least and go over it with your dh and family. That way you know they've seen it, and that you've communicated what needs to be done. I know it's difficult, but try not to stress!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2010