any ideas on wat to get my mom for christmas? (i know its early)

my mom is 45 and she has just about everything she could want so shopping for her is hard! and i want to buy something she will use or wear. most stuff just sits somewhere forever and she never uses it! i would like to do something fun and different! any ideas?

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• I'd guess anything to do with her grandchildren, and/or children. A mother's ring, a necklace with her kids birthstones. I'm 49, and there isn't really anything I want, but I love photos of my boys, and gifts that have to do with them. One of my sons gave me a beautiful engraved journal that I love last year. Most of all, I don't want my kids to spend a lot of money on me, spend it on the kids!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• How about a spa day instead? The two of you can have yourselves spoiled with a massage, maybe mani-pedis. That is something that I would love (and I'm near your mom's age - yikes!)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• a photo book
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 7:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Does your mother read... a gift card to a book store
    Gift cards to her favorite restaurants....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My Mom is the same age and she has asked for a ring she saw in an Avon catelog
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 7:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• PJ and house slippers with some nice smelling soaps.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Does she like to garden? Maybe some gardening items or a gift certificate so she can get some plants this spring. Or one of those digital frames with photos of the grandkids, those are cool.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 9:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2010