6 week ultrasound, empty sac- not viable?

6 week ultrasound... LMP aug 2oth.. I had the U/s thursday and it showed an empty sac. No yoke sac and no fetal pole.... Will I lose the pregnany or is it too early?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's too early. I had this as well they made me follow up 2wks later and sure enough baby was there this time visible. He is now a happy 9 month old
    mami2emily

Answer by mami2emily at 7:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• it is too early to tell! most of the time the baby is visible by 8 weeks.
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I had an ultra sound at 7 weeks and there was no issue finding my baby bean. If the doctors aren;t concerned though you shouldn't be either. :0)
    Anonymous

• I wish they would quit doing U/s before 8 weeks. It is rarely voisable and all it does is scare the crap out of women. Sometimes causing so much stress to put the pregnancy in real danger. As a nurse this frustrates the heck out of me. What they saw is very normal. Try to relax and take a deep breath. Worrying won't change anything for the good.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• dont worry just yet when i went to the doc my 6week the baby didnt have a heartbeat and then i went back at 8weeks and they couldnt find her, the doc looked for almost 10mins and nothing and when he went to show me that i lost the baby we find her in a weird spot and now im 30weeks so dont worry just yet
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 7:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yea I've had 4 mcs and I have never once gotten an us before 9 weeks even w my history they said there was no reason to look too soon at 7 wks they said they might not see it and ddnt want to freak me out when do you go back in ?and did you get quant levels checked
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Like I said on your other post, you are not far along enough to see anything but that. LMP and due dates are approximate not exact. Relax, take a bath or so something that mellows you out.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• what are quant levels? my hcg was at 10, 700
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Your levels are approx 5 weeks. You are just fine! Miscarriage is a lot lower than that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• most of the time at 6 weeks it's very difficult to find the sac and yolk etc.

Wait until 8-10 weeks and get another ultrasound.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2010