Carseat!

Looking to buy a new carseat soon for my son which one do you recommend? He is 11 months now.

baby1mom

Asked by baby1mom at 7:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Please make sure that you also follow guidelines that the manufacturer says about car seats for your vehicle. Not every seat fits in the back seat of every vehicle safely. Watch weight and height limits too. You might want to call a dealer about your car to see what they recommend and of course, once you purchase one, if it doesn't fit right in your car - take it back!

Another word on car seats: DO NOT BUY USED ONES!! You never know if it's been in a crash and if you are ever in a crash even if it looks ok - get a new seat! You don't want to find out the hard way that it actually was not safe anymore after the first crash....this is one area I really feel parents need to not worry as much about the price tag as much as functionality and workability! JMO
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• bump...me to girl. im looking to see what ppl recommend
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 7:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Graco Myride 65, You can rearface up to 40lbs and front face up to 65lbs. It also comes in lots of cute patterns and colors and runs about $150 ...cheaper some places, more at others.

The carseat safety group here on cafemom has measurments and reveiws for a lot of seats, you can go there and the ladies would also be able to help you pick the best seat for your needs.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Brtiax. Be careful on the myride b/c they have short shells. IF you have a taller child-I do- they will outgrow in height quickly.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Britax Marathon
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Britax Marathon.
    ksmootchies

Answer by ksmootchies at 7:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Britax Marathon or Advocate. They rearface to 40lbs and then forward face to 70 lbs.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I love our Graco MyRide. It fits well into a small car, and not all of them do. We also have a Cosco Scenera, which I HATE. That's in my husbands car so I don't have to deal with it, lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 7:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I like the My Ride, and also the First Years True Fit.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2010