Epidural or no

What did you have and did you like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• With my daughter in June I did it all natural. went into the hospital at 7am because i wanst dilating myself so the doc induced me I used pitocen walked around the wing floor till about 12:00 my doctor came back checked me and she then said i was still 2 cm and if i didnt improve by 1 she was going to break my water bag. well 1 rolled around nothing so she broke my water bag and I walked some more for a while about 3:30 the pain from the contrations were getting to me so they called her back up and she checked me and i was ready to push it was to late for the epidural I wanted one but it was to later. but to tell you the truth you forget about the pain once you see your newborn and its a wonderful feeling know you did it with out drugs. I screamed so loud a few times and cursed at my doctor but she understood my pain and she laughed and just told me to push.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 10:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• my first two children i had demeral my third i had an epideral and oh my god i loved it never felt a thing
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had an epi with both of my babies and i plan to have one with my 3rd. Im a puss when it comes to pain lol. Epidurals are awsome!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had the demerol shot in my hit and that let me rest between contractions which really helped me save the energy to push, which I only had to do 3 times! I refused to have an epidural, which I plan to do with the baby we're TTC, as well. I was able to feel him as he came down and I don't want to sacrifice that just to ease the pain, though I do stand by the fact that if the active labor lasts too long for me to handle, I will opt for the epi...
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My epidural wasn't placed correctly and didn't work.... I went through 38 hrs of labor and an emergency c-section with a non-working epidural. The docs didn't believe my about my epidural not working, they took me in for my c-section and when they cut... I felt it!!!! They put me to sleep right away from there!
    My second c-section I was also asleep b/c she was stillborn and I didn't want to go through the epidural again... :o(
    NOW with another section coming up I have to have another epidural or spinal... ekk!!!!
    I'd try without it if you could...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i had demeral with my son... allowed me to sleep for about 20 minutes... then it wore off and i was 7 cm.... it was easy for me. i wasnt one of those who screamed or anything either... my nurse told me that she was surprised at how well i could handle the pain. if you can do it natural... i say go for it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:07 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had epidural with both, neither time did it hinder my labor, 7 hours with my first and 4 hours with my second. I highly recommend it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I have had 4 kids and never had one nor an IV. I don't like to be messed with. If you go in with a mind set like that, and have great coach and doc, that back you. You can do it. My Bf had an Epidural with her first and her last 2 I helped her do it all natural. U can do it if you want to,Pain is all in the mind...Some though need an Epidural, and thats OK too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had Stadol. I refuse to ever get an epidural. I wanted to go natural but I was being induced and my son was sunny side up. I only got 2 shots of Stadol though, one 2 hours before he was born and one 1 hour before he was born. The first shot made me sleep and the second one took the edge off so I could concentrate on pushing (yes it took me an hour to push my son out).
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had both IV pain meds and an epidural. The IV pain meds took the edge off and made me happy for the most part. When I got close to 7 cm I got talked into an epidural and man I'm glad I did! You don't feel the epidural going in and you don't feel it coming back out. I plan to get an epidural if I decide to have more kids.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 11:23 AM on Oct. 24, 2008