time for baby food?

my son is 3 1/2 months old and when me and my boyfriend sit to have dinner he watches the food. He stares at it coming from the plate to our mouths. He will even stick his tounge out and make loud noises. should we start the baby food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All of the research shows that it is best to wait until baby is 6 months old. Take a look at "Why Delay Solids?" at http://kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/delay-solids.html
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• yes he sounds like hes ready
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• we did the baby food thing my daughter was on solid food by the time she was 6 or 7 months and she is perfect
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• It is up to you. If you think his belly is ready then go ahead. Don't give him table food yet though give him some cerial. Make sure you consider how much milk he is drinking because he needs a certain amount and he will prob drink less when you start feeding him. I gave my son cerial at 2 weeks to help him sleep thru the night and I was trying to get him to gain weight, but that is me and my son.
    ayindemommy

Answer by ayindemommy at 11:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I would say yes, he's ready....but talk to the pediatrician first. My pediatrician had me start my daughter on cereal at just under four months. This was because she was showing signs of being ready. Like watching us eat and being interested and making a chewing motion with her mouth. Again, ask your pediatrician but I did rice cereal for a week then oatmeal for a week then mixed grain for a week. After that the Dr said to start with carrots but that gave her diareah(sp) so I went with bannanas. everyone said she wouldn't eat her veggies if I did that but I never had a problem, she loves ALL food now.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Raeleigh started baby food at a young age and that's because she was ready for it. I would suggest just letting him try a little bit at a time and see how he does. You are the one that's with your baby and you know what he's ready for. Make sure he's still getting his formula. When we introduced Raeleigh to foods we'd mix in some formula with it.
    xxsthrnswthrtxx

Answer by xxsthrnswthrtxx at 1:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• http://www.askdrsears.com/html/3/T032000.asp
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• yup i would, William has been eating cereal since 2.5 months, and does great! Make sure to feed him with the spoon, and only intorduce 1 new food a week
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2008