im 30weeks and the doc put me on iron

but his nurse didnt tell me why? i go tomorrow to talk to him about it IM JUST WONDERING WHAT IS WRONG!

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 7:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nothing is wrong! your iron is just prolly low! ive been on iron pills also . you will notice when your iron is low then you will prolly get cramps in your legs and feet and stuff like that... you just need to eat more food with iron in it! that will help you alot.
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I was extremely anemic my second preg. And had blood drawn all of the time, iron didn't even help. The Dr. actually had brought up a transfusion. Pretty scary. So make sure you take the iron religiously and eat lots of iron rich foods. I am 36 weeks with my third and last and been very iron conscious and have felt great. Also be careful of dizzy spells and seeing sparkles. Good luck to you!
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Taking iron can also constipate you. Make sure you drink lots of water. Iron is absorbed better if taken with vitamin C. If you can drink orange juice that is perfect. Organic sources of C (like juice) are better for you than vitamin C supplements.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• thanks a lot
    twimommy

Comment by twimommy (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• it means your anemic.. or your body is low on iron. I'm on iron pills right now and have been anemic most of my life. Not a big deal. Take your pills and you'll be fine.

Iron is needed for energy, so you should feel an increase in your energy.
    A lot of women become anemic while pregnant though, so as I said, just keep taking your pills. It's basically a vitamin.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2010