what do you think about?

what do you think about how young people are having babies these days? How old were you when you had your first?

aangelmommie03

Asked by aangelmommie03 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I was 19.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I was 18
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I was 16 when our first dd was born, 24 with our second and 26 with our third.. Yep all by the same great man I am still married to today for almost 19 years.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• 14 years old and it was so hard, thanks to my mom!
    lonely33

Answer by lonely33 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• at 14? you have to be vary strong person. i give you alot of credit for that.. i was 18 when i had my first child & turned 19 at 9 days after i had him! & it was hard for me then..
    aangelmommie03

Comment by aangelmommie03 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I think it's sad, and i always wonder WHY these girls felt the need to have sex and be mothers so young.
    We just moved to TX and my daughter said there are at least 6 girls at the school who are pregnant and she knows 2 of them already have one kid
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Actually, teen pregnancy rates are going down. But I was 24 when I had my son, turned 25 about 6 weeks later.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I was 18 when I had my first child and placed him for adoption. I had my second at 20 and took care of him on my own. It was difficult but it was the best descion I have ever made. I wish I had the strength and knowledge of how to raise my first child on my own.

I am sad when I see young mothers, girls pregnant. I know the rates are declining which I think is awesome, in my class alone I know there were at 3 of us (that was a class of 40). I often wonder what issues they have that they are trying to resolve with sex (I know now what mine were and I wish someone had been there for me to teach me I was worthy of more, that I was lovable without having to give up my body to a boy to feel loved and wanted and needed, and that I didn't have to define myself by having a man in my life. Unfortuantely my parents didn't give me that, and its not something you learn on your own.)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I was 20
    I think it is sad. I know most are unplanned and it can really disrupt your life at such a young age.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I was 25. I think it is terribly sad.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010