Are you productive?

For those that WAH, how do you juggle being a mom, partner, and make money while working from home? What's your schedule like? What time do you wake up to start your day? How many hours do you work and do you have a schedule that you abide by?

SweetSmeek

Asked by SweetSmeek at 7:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• I run a web design service from home, am a writer, homeschool my kids, volunteer full time with girl scouts and take on all of the "home" responsibilities. I get up about 6 every morning and my bedtime is around 11 or midnight. We start school work around 8 every morning so for the hour between when hubby leaves and the kids are ready to work I start laundry, check email and figure out the day's plan. Once the kids are both working I work too. If someone needs help they know where to find me. We do our "on your own" subjects in the morning and then after lunch we do combined classes in the afternoon. On nice days we go to the park for PE and I will take along my laptop while the girls play (yes, even my 11 and 15 year olds enjoy the park) or my lesson plan book and something to work on. The girls help out with household tasks like dishes and laundry, but everything else I fit in to my day.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'm trying to be more productive with the twins, but sometimes it's difficult.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 11:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I get up around 4:30 to 5:00 and start working. DH and kids get up around 6:00 and the kids go to the sitter. I pick up my son @ 11:30 and get him ready for preschool. He goes from 12:10-3:10. I am usually done every day at 2:30 or so. M/W/F he goes to the aftercare program at his school until 4:00. I pick him up and my daughter up around then. I start dinner and we either play something or if they are tired, they watch tv while I internet. I give baths around 6:00, we eat dinner and DH comes home and makes the kids all wild and crazy for awhile. We read a story and it is bed between 7:30-8:00.

Same thing everyday. the routine is working very well for us :)

I know a lot of WAH moms can keep their kids at home, but my employer wouldn't allow it, we had to sign something.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010