Why are you against Gays openly serving in the the Military?

I was watching this news show (on CNN I think it was) early this morning and he was asking people on the street what they thought about Gays in the military. The people who were against it all cited religious reasons for it and when he asked what their religion had to do with the Government and the Military, they all looked dumbfounded and didn't have a response.

So besides religion, what are your reasons you don't agree with this issue? Or is that the only reason you have? If you think gays shouldn't serve in the Military, what other jobs do you think they shouldn't have the right to be in?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not against it. Just as I am not against gays or lesbians working in any other industry. Service members need to realize that they are government employees, who work for the people, and are expected to work within the same guidelines as every other working American.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i never understood that either..... i don't see what the issue is myself.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'm not. lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Haha, I'm not either. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• am not but my dh is, he is also in the military and he wasnt brought up to have negative and hateful views towards gays
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Why would you ask a random person on the street a question about military affairs? Do we also get our medical info from them?

Why can't the situation be looked at with intelligence/logistics instead of emotion?

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'm not against it. I never have been. I worked alongside a full bird captain who was gay and he was a great doctor and a great officer.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'm not against it.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 9:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• There is no logical reason not to have homosexual people in the military. There are pathetic excuses, including: "its not safe because there are people who would attack the gays", "it would interfere with morale and readiness", and "men don't want to take showers with gay men".
    I personally support equal rights for all, but I am definitely in the minority compared to the wishes of the nation as a whole.
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 1:12 AM on Oct. 4, 2010