funny question

is there any other moms out there that have a baby that won't sleep in their crib? my one month won't sleep in it for anything. I can lay him in there for tummy time or something like that and he's fine. For a week he wouldn't sleep I would lay him down and after minutes he'd be wide awake. A friend of mine told me to put him in his carseat. I did this and he sleeps great and only wakes up at 2am and 6am. Is that odd? Any other moms experience that? I can't get him to sleep in his bouncy seat, the couch, or his swingg either lol.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 8:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep! He is 21 months and we are still bedsharing :) It wasn't our plan, but it's what worked when we were all so fatigued and he just wouldn't sleep without someone to snuggle with. And now we are really glad we brought him to our bed - even still. :) I love waking up to his smily little face. Priceless!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My son likes to be held. Once hes out cold I can put him in his pack n play or on the couch or swing and hes fine. And as for times he wakes up, sounds about right, because my son is also a month old and wakes up around 3-4 or 6-7.
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I love my little snuggler =] Its sweet when they wrap their arms around you but my youngest baby will sleep in his bassinet just fine
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Owen likes to be held too. It's so sweet. He's so warm and snuggly. It's hard for me to put him down but I have to. I also have a 4 year old little man. He never did that though.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• LOL! I remember I didn't think I needed a bouncy chair when I had my first...my kids never slept either...i found a bouncy chair on sale one day and bought it and low and behold...my son fell asleep as soon as i put him in it. He ended up sleeping in it for weeks with me laying on the couch right above him. i felt bad about it at first, but we both needed some sleep and that was the only way!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• at MommyH2 thats so funny because I put Owen in his carseat and sleep on the couch right above him lol! what us moms do for our babies. I gotta say I miss sleeping in my bed with my hubby :'(
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My daughter is almost 3 and still in my bed... Cry it out! It is SOOO much easier to switch them to a crib now than much later on.
    Wiifeytype1025

Answer by Wiifeytype1025 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• this is just my opinion but I think the whole let them cry it out thing is bogus until they are atleast 6 months old. at 1month old they have no idea only that they are upset and what someone. I would rock my first son all the time and fall asleep with him in my arms. I loved that so much and miss it.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2010