what should i do when my husband spends more time w or 3yr old then our other child she is hie step daughter

ambysta

Asked by ambysta at 8:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have noticed that even though a man loves a child that is not his, it's common he has the tighter bond with the child that is biologically his. There are all different types of men so I'm not saying it goes for all. My husband has a different relationship with my son, but I'm okay with it. He's there for him when he needs him, and they get along famously. He has a dad, and my Hubby isn't trying to take his place.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It's normal for someone to spend more time with and love their own child more then their step-child. You should make sure your child understands that her step-father isn't her bio father and the relationship isn't the same. I was a step-mom and no way I would ever love my step-children like my own. 

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i hope that the past two posts arent true for EVERYONE. i am scared that it may be true but i pray it is not. my hubby is the step father to my daughter.. and we have a little boy on the way but he is her daddy.. her bio father isnt there for her at all and barely comes to visitations she often has to ask who he is.. but my hubby she started calling him daddy on her own and i know it would break her heart if she was treated any differently than our son together bc she doesnt look at him as her step father she looks at him as daddy. this would also break my heart to see her feelings be hurt
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010