What do you NEED to take with you to the hospital? And what do you recommend taking?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 8:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• insurance cards, deoderant, toothbrush, something to wear home. That is the bare basics. Extras that are helpful are: money for your hubs to eat at the hosptial, my pillow, my own pajamas (hosptial gowns are drafty in the winter), magazines, a couple of outfits for baby so he looks good for visiters, my one toiletries including makeup, camera, camcorder, etc...
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't think you actually NEED anything, because they provide you with a lot but you'll want to bring under garments for yourself, personal care items, make-up (if you like make-up) and hair care, and a pillow. For the baby I didn't use half the things I brought for her but I would reccommend baby socks, a boppy pillow, take home outfit, nail clippers (just incase because they don't clip babys nails), A camera and video camera.... I'm sure I'm forgetting something....
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• cell phone/phone numbers, CAMERA, LOOSE clothing to go home in (and/or hang out in), PJ's/robe (b/c I HATE hospital gowns), slippers, outfit for baby. and basic toiletries (toothbrush, deoderant, hairbrush etc. -- )
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Your toiletries, make-up if you like, a loose fitting outfit for when you go home, a pillow from home if you'd like, swimming trunks for your husband (so he can help you shower if need be) a camera, cell phone (both with chargers), money for hubby so he can get food to (though our hospital isn't huge and has restaurants everywhere around it so he has lots of choices). Then be sure to pack your babys diaper bag with diapers, a few outfits, reciving blankets, a bottle, baby nail clippers and have the carseat with you.

I'll be having a C-section with his child so I know our stay at the hospital will be longer than usual so I want all of us to be comfortable as possible:) Hope this helps.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• the diaper bag, loose clothing for when you go home, baby blankets, baby book, music, something to focus on when in labor, phone numbers for family and friends that you want to notify
    mistees_Mommy

Answer by mistees_Mommy at 8:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Money, hair brush, toothbrush, coming home outfit for mom and baby, camera, some make up.... Eh, I brought whatever fit into my diaper bag but since I'm a c/s mom, my stay is a little longer
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Camera,diapers/clothes for bay to go home in. I dressed baby while I was there I hate the ones or shirt they give you. clothes and pj for you. CAR SEAT / shower stuff blankets own pillow if you like. My daughter would not latchon so we had to try different bottles until she would it depends on you. What ever will make your and babies stay easier
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 8:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• the other ladies pretty much covered it but these are the things i USED and LOVED having with me.....my own pillow with my own pillow case, my own slippers, my own nursing shirt...also used a gallon size plastic bag for the loads of paperwork/pamphlets they give you, and at the hosp here they dont let baby wear anything other than what they provide until its time to go home so i just had a few things to choose from to put on her when we left...didnt know how big baby was gonna be....looking back tho now that i know more, i would have brought some snacks like graham crackers or wheat thins to eat when they bring you your pain meds because you shouldnt take those on an empty stomach.....GL!! oh, and if you take your cell phone dont forget the charger!!...same for cameras/camcorders
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Camera, chap stick, gum, deodorant.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• camera and batteries. Clothes (for you and baby), toothbrush, soap and shampoo, deodorant, cell phone and charger. Those are all NEEDS IMO.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2010