ha ha it took me 1/2 hr tooo....

Get my girl to bed for the night......
She figured out how to open her bedroom door and now at bedtime, she makes a game out of running in and out of her bedroom...last night she won after 45 mins of back and forth putting her to bed i finally gave in and cuddled her till she fell asleep.SHE WON...i no...i no...i should have kept going..but it dident help that all i could do was laugh at her....she was just so cute....lol Now tonight was a different story , back for forth for a 1/2 hr not saying a word and not smiling at her or laughing (where she could see me)at her just putting her back in bed every time she got up.....and the last time i put her back in there i bent over and gave her a kiss and said goodnight...and she never came back out...SOO I WON TONIGHT.anyone else go threw this..when will this stage pass?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 8:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if she can't outsmart a baby gate i'd use that. but i guess it depends on how tired she is if she will stay in bed
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• WOOHOOOO! Nice work! You did great! Some nights we laugh and it goes wrong but you enjoyed her! You learned and won the next night. You are doing good! It will get easier though there may be bumps in the road, it will pass! Great job Mommy! :)
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• LMAO you go mama. lol. My DD is 2 1/2 and sometimes still does this, although its fewer and farther in between.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• LOL my son is 21 months and we don't leave the room until he is asleep. We cosleep and he doesn't put himself to sleep yet. But if he did, I am CERTAIN he would do the bedtime comedy routine, lol. He is a character, and don't they just love to make us laugh?
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I saw that on Supernanny. And it seemed to stick with the kids after only a week tops. Good luck!
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2010