does the daylight savings time change affect your kids/babies schedules or routines?

my DD is 11 wks and goes to bed at 8pm right now....we live in Indiana so the time change is going to mean an extra 40 min or so of daylight at least...is she just going to be cranky for a day or two?? whats your experience?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they go to bed the same time and they have to get up the same time so my 5yo can go to school. my kids always took about 2 weeks to adjust to the change.... they were always getting sleepy/getting up at the 'old' time and had to adjust to the 'new' time. it only takes a week or 2 though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It hasn't affected either of mine. I was worried it would, but it was for nothing. If it does affect your baby, and assuming you don't have a necessary routine like for daycare, you can adjust 10 minutes or so at a time instead of the whole hour at once. For instance, if she starts getting tired-fussy at 7, go ahead and put her down, and the next few days try to keep her up an extra 10 minutes through the day, untill you get back to an 8pm bedtime.

But you might not have to worry about it at all. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Nothing will change for my two year old. She'll go to bed by 7:30pm as usual. Her behavior generally doesn't change.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• no it doesnt change for my kids
    ambysta

Answer by ambysta at 8:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My son is living with autism. The Time change is hard for him because he doesn't understand why it gets dark so soon. I'm preparing now for our big meltdown. Say a prayer that this time won't be as bad as usual,please! Thanks!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• robsmommy...i hope it goes well for you!!
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2010