17 weeks and lactating?

has anyone else been through this? this is my first pregnancy so i dont know if this is something that just happens or what..lol i know its a weird question but i really dont know lol

liljess09

Asked by liljess09 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• :) I remember with my first that happening. I don't really remember it with the last 2 or this one, but the first time it was a shock and it scared me.. lol. I woke in the middle of the night and my shirt was wet. it is funny now!!! You are normal. Congratulations on your first baby!
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Is it only when you expess it? Because thats normal and it's colostrum. Breastmilk doesn't come in until after colustrum unless you are pregnant and breastfeeding.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• nope im not Brest feeding, i took a nap and my so pointed out that my shirt was wet and asked me if i drooled on my self lol and i said no..so i thought it could be lactating
    liljess09

Comment by liljess09 (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Haha good to know I'm not the only one!! I had colostrum very early on in both my pregnancies (so yes, it's normal) :) :)...congrats on baby!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I was 8 mths when I started lactating.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I noticed with my second I have a little here and there.. nothing like what happens AFTER the baby comes, but just enough to feel a slight wet spot.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010