ovulation??? adult content

This month, I did get the watery, then egg white cervical mucus (like I always do) on CD 12 and 13. And, a + OPK on CD13. But, my temp did not rise within the next 12-24 hours nor did it stay elevated for a few consecutive days right away. My temps have been up a degree, then down a degree the next day. This has been going on for a week and I am anticipating my next period to start this Friday CD29 as I am having the usual PMS symptoms again. Is it possible that I didn't even ovulate this month?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 8:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• maybe the egg wasn"t fertilize! Have sex a few days before and after u suppose to ovulate. im preg. now
    lonely33

Answer by lonely33 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• With a positive OPK on CD 13, I wouldn't expect a temp shift until CD 15 or 16, or the first day of no watery or egg-white cervical mucus. But if you have not had a sustained temp shift, then I would bet that you didn't ovulate. The temp shift is the only sure indication that you have in fact ovulated, as it's possible for your body to prepare for ovulation and then not for whatever reason (i.e., fertile cervical mucus, positive OPK, and no ovulation).

You could have an anovulatory cycle this month, or you may yet ovulate and have a longer cycle than usual. No way to know which way you're going until you either start your period or ovulate.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• you know, just about anything can throw your temp off - even what you had for dinner - or getting up before you get your temp - none of this is foolproof, so hard to know for sure.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 4:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2010