Immigration.....

What are reasons why people feel immigration is good?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• We are all immigrants. the people who trully lived here before anyone else are native americans...
    Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 8:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• IDK I personally have no issue with Legal immigrants, its those darn illegal border jumpers I have issue with. Do it right or dont do it at all IMO
    danni1982

Answer by danni1982 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Apply for a visa a come (or go) to any country you wish - just do it legally. It is the first basic law of a country you are entering that you follow.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have never seen anyone against LEGAL immigration. That not being able to protect the borders and them being over run and agreeing to bad treaties (amnesty) didnt really work out so well for the Indians.........You cant have a free for all at the borders. NO country does!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I understand that we were all immigrants - native Americans were first. I am over half native American and a quarter German. My grandfather's family came over and completed the process to become citizens. They learned the language and everything to make it here.

-- I think it is pretty bad when we have illegals that refuse to learn our language. Either LEARN it or go home. Period. ---
    There are many other reasons why I think they shouldn't be allowed to stay here but that would have to be my biggest issue with them.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't think anyone is against legal immigration. ALL of us, even the "native" Americans immigrated here from somewhere else. If you study archeaology/anthropology you will find the "native" Americans we "stole" the land from had stolen it from someone else, who had likely stolen it from someone else. Today's "native" Americans IMO are the people that were born here legally. I am a NATIVE American and it has NOTHING to do with my great grandmother being full blood Cherokee.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• LEGAL immigration is a good thing because usually they are skilled craftsman, professors, doctors.. people we need in society. ILLEGAL immigrants don't do anything but come here to abuse our social programs.
    lega2131

Answer by lega2131 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Legal immigration, great. Illegal, not so great. My husband is a Mexican citizen (and a professional) and we have to go through all the hoops, legalities, paperwork, and $$$$ that require him to be able to work and live in the U.S. legally, and so should everyone else. Why does anyone else think they're more deserving of that right? It upsets me to be honest.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Not a single soul would be inhabiting this continent if it weren't for immigration...or migration in general. Immigration brings cultural diversity [cuisine, arts, fashion, etc], intellectual diversity, a wider variety of skilled workers, increased physical labor, generating economic gains [due to higher consumer demand], and increases of small businesses. Our country would not be what it is without immigration, and we would not continue to grow without it.
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 1:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• LEGAL Immigration =GOOD!!!

ILLEGAL Aliens= BAD!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010