Is it baby blues?

All I do is cry! DH & I just fight anymore and I feel like our DDs (2 1/2 yr old & 5 day old) are the only reason I don't hurt myself. I thought baby blues made you distinces yourself away from your children so is this the baby blues or wat? What should I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it sounds to me like your just unhappy find time to do things u like i was like u are when my son was born 2 and a half years ago its ok youll b perfectly fine just try relax
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 8:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It could be, but you need to call your Dr and discuss this ASAP. Don't let them pass you off. Tell them you desperately need some help. HUG
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Baby blues are not just about kids. I went thru a very rough time after my last baby. I felt so alone, i was afraid of not being able to protect them, and I was beyond sad and couldn't shake it. Talk to your Dr!!!!!
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• CALL YOUR DOCTOR and tell him EVERYTHING!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• if youre thinking of hurting yourself then you should talk to someone but with the fighting and the fact that your hormones prob just crashed from the baby then the crying is normal...i think i cried for two weeks straight and i dont have a SO...hormones are a bitch...it helps to talk to someone even if its just your Mom or a friend...and take time for yourself!!!! put the bay somewhere safe, set up a movie for the toddler, and get in a hot bath for 20 min.....GL!! ((hugs))
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• after i had my son i become mean to my husband and everyone else but i wasnt sad or cry and i loved to be a round my son so i went to the doc and they said it was baby blues so yes it sounds like it so go see ur doc bc ur babies need u so dont do anything to urself
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 9:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Post natal depression could cause you to distance yourself from your baby. It also causes anxiety, hypochondriaIt sounds like you and DH are just having a hard time adjusting to the new addition/ lifestyle-while your hormones are still busy stabilising. EVERYTHING seems worse when you have the baby blues. It's perfectly normal to be emotional a few weeks after birth. Do you have a history of depression? If so, perhaps have it checked out. I did ( I was so hormonal, I left my DH. For a whole month. Lol) although I didn't have PND
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 7:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2010