16mo had a fever of 104 last night- today irritable, lathargic, cold sweats, falls asleep then jolts awake in a panic

Last night at the ER they said my daughter has middle ear infection and spots on her throat= laryngitis. after we got home she spiked a fever of 101.2, within twenty min 102.9 (under the arm) The advice nurse said not to call back until her fever is 105. Today she has cold sweats, screaming, inconsolable... advice please?

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 9:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Health

• Does your pediatrician have an on call number? If they do call them and tell them her symptoms and tell them what the advice nurse said. If not I agree take her back to the ER. If the fever is coming down, call first thing in the morning and make an appt with her dr.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 9:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I would take her back to the E.R. What nurse said 105. temp is she crazy?
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Take her back to the ER!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• im a new Mommy so i have no advice but i will keep you in my thoughts because this cant be easy for you....i am seriously dreading times like what youre going thru.....scares the hell outta me ((hugs))
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If they didn't put her on antibiotics, shame on them. And spots on tonsils = laryngitis?! Laryngitis is when you lose your voice - spots = strep throat usually. Gah. Lethargic = ER immediately, no matter what - who cares what else is going on, a lethargic baby is an emergency!
    Anonymous

• call her doc the first thing in the morning give her pain meds for her my son had a lot of fevers like 103 and it always take him like 3 days to get better
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 9:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If she has an ear infection they should have given you and prescription for antibiotics? Did they tell you that you could give advil/tylenol to keep the fever down?
    I personally would strip my child down to her diaper and be giving advil every 8 hours to get the fever down. For an ear infection she should probably be on antibiotics and push the fluids so that she doesn't get dehydrated. A little juice mixed with water is a good way to get then to drink.
    I would take her back to the ER and get some better instructions.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010