breastfeeding???

I am breastfeeding and have been for a month I just feed my baby and now my left breast hurts the right one dosent have you had this happen to you or does any one now why it hurts??????????

babycakeschris

Asked by babycakeschris at 9:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine didnt hurt while i would breastfeed but once i stop it would hurt a little but i didnt go to the doc about it
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 9:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• this has never happened to me tell now it feels sore
    babycakeschris

Comment by babycakeschris (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• how hurts? throb or nipple pain or engorged?
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• are you sure the one that hurts isn't engorged? I know while a breast fed there were a couple times my baby didn't get all the milk out so i had to pump directly afterwards so that they wouldnt get engorged and painfull....my right breast was and still is my problem side
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Make sure you let the baby feed from both breasts, or you could get more milk in one breast than the other and it will hurt. Your breast may hurt a little if it gets too full of milk otherwise it shouldn't hurt unless your nipples are toughening up or cracking open.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Is there a hard spot in your breast? You may have a plugged duct. Look closely at your nipple and see if there is a white looking blister (it may be very small) You can pop the blister with a sterile needle and then feed you baby from that breast. It should drain. If you leave it to long you may get mastitis. If you get a fever or flu like symptoms along with your shore breast see a doctor.
    Hope this helps.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 9:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If it's a plugged duct, use warm compresses (I would use a warm damp wash cloth in my nursing tank), then massage the spot while the baby is nursing. Also try to position the baby so that the baby's chin is pointing toward the clog while nursing.

More on plugged ducts here:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have tried feeding on that side and it still hurts and it's hard I am now feeling nauseated and I have a headache my temp is 99.8
    babycakeschris

Comment by babycakeschris (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Go see a doctor before it gets worse. Tonight. You probably have mastitis. They'll put you on antibiotics, and it should clear up pretty fast. Whatever you do, do not stop nursing on that breast though. If it gets engorged, it'll get a lot worse. FAST. The milk is fine, it won't hurt your baby. If you absolutely can not nurse because of the pain, pump instead. GL. I had it when Cheyanne was 3 months. We got through it, and are still nursing now at 14 months.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2010