My bills are a mess!!!!

Does anyone know of an inexpensive, or maybe free, computer program to organize bills? I'm looking for something like a calendar that would give me reminders maybe a week or a few days before they are due. I'm horrible with them!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• i just downloaded freeaccounting but you can also go to freedownloads.com they have tons of free programs on there -- just look to see if it's compatible with your type of computer.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I keep all my bills in a calender and write down on the day that they are due. Then every time pay day comes or once a week look at it and pay what needs to be paid. I am not sure about the computer stuff?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If you have Outlook Express for your email, there's a calendar on there that you can set up to remind you.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I downloaded the google calendar to my desktop.. but don't ask me how I did it, I don't remember.. I think you can just google the directions.. Good Luck. Oh, it worked really well.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:43 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I make my own calender on the computer, fill in the days my bills are due and set the email reminders to a day or 2 before. I also print out the calender so I can see it in print. This has always helped me to stay on top of the bills. I also use my banks online bill pay feature and have alot of my bills on automatic.
    Peteysmom

Answer by Peteysmom at 12:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I made my own and every month I print it out and stick it on the fridge so I have to look at it all the time. I just made a simple chart with the bill and leave spaces for the amount due, Due date, amount paid and date paid... Then I have to see it all day when I go to the fridge.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• What version of Windows are you using.....or are you using a mac?
    You should have a calendar right in your pc already...that will give notices when things are due.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 12:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I pay my bils the day they come in. That way I don't forget them. Or I have bills that get deducted from my credit card. Also I set up an automated bills payment for my mortgage and the bills that I have to pay the same amount every month. Yu can do that from your bank account. Just set up recurring payments.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 12:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I use the free Windows Calendar that comes with Vista -- since my husband is paid bi-weekly and not every 1st and 15th anymore I have to watch a little closer to make sure I know what has to be paid out of each check. I really like it -- I have all of his paychecks reoccurring, all of my regular bills on the day of the month they are due.. pretty helpful reminder. Yahoo has a calendar as does Google..
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Quicken. Mine came already downloaded on my computer but you can buy the software and install it yourself.
    Anonymous