Should the CEO of the Susan G. Komen Race for The Cure earn $538,000 a Year?

What are your thoughts on this? Should she earn $538,000 a Year????? That's alot of donations to pay for her salary!

Here's a link if you need it:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5857310/should_the_ceo_of_susan_g_komen_for.html?cat=48

happymom629

Asked by happymom629 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• happymom629

Comment by happymom629 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• OMG!! That is not fair at all :(
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No way! I have issues with anyone who works for a nonproift making that much per year. After seeing that I'm not sure that I would donate to them anymore.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Thx for your responses. I agree! !!
    happymom629

Comment by happymom629 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• That's rediculous!! But probably no more rediculous than the 3-day walk requiring a donation of at least $2200.00 to participate. If it's really a charitable event, they should be willing to accept whatever amount people feel they can give.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My thoughts exactly. ANYONE working for a nonprofit should be willing to work for much much less. Heck, even if she made 1/5 of that it is STILL one heck of a salary!! I know they have a lot of responsibility and stress, but who doesn't ? I have always had issues when hearing of things like this. They often complain of donations being down and not having enough funding for this and that - well start at the top and I bet they'd find all sorts of money!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• This is why charities have become to have such "a bad name". They all pay their directors too much. At some point it stops being about the causes and about getting paid.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'm all for charity, but I will keep that in mind whenever I see all the pink things at the store.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yeah that is pretty rediculous...anathesiologist don't even make that much money per year!!! They average around 214,000/year!!! That is wrong that she is making that kind of money! Maybe if she'd give more of her money to the actual cause maybe we'd have more cancer research going on and cures being made!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I will not donate to them anymore. I'm not scrimping to donate a bit here and there to line the pockets of an executive.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010