if a girl loves a guy and her mom hates the guy like anythng and the guy and girl want to marry how will she marry the guy ?

a guy and girl love each other but girls mom doest like the guy infact she hates him due to his reputation in society. how will the girl marry that guy which her mom will not allow.SO what can be done in this case.PLZZ suggest?????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• If the 'girl' in question is of age nothing can stop her from doing as she pleases, otherwise waiting would be the only option. Nor may it be a bad option. Marriage is a big step and should be well thought out. Hearing out parental suggestions and opinions to a reasonable extent is good and should be done, considered and looked at respectfully. Sometimes they do know what they are talking about. However in the end no one can make a decision such as who one should marry aside from those people in question.
    AugustMidge

Answer by AugustMidge at 9:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• The girl needs to follow her heart and marry him if she wants too. (as long as she is 18) It's her life and if she's making a mistake than she needs to make it. My cousin met a guy online and her mom hates him. She is in love with him. She is moving to Ohio to be with him even tho her mom does not approve. She is an adult and can do as she pleases. I told her to stop trying to make everyone else happy and do what makes you happy.
    mom23girls541

Answer by mom23girls541 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Go to the local courthouse, dont tell anyone, & say I do........

There is nothing the mom can do....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If the girl is 18, then the mother technically has no say and the girl can marry the guy in the eyes of the law. So now it becomes a decision for the girl. If she marries the guy, it could ruin the relationship with mom. Is it worth it? Is mom wrong about this guy? Or is the relationship with mom important enough to consider why she doesn't like the guy. If mom is wrong, maybe she'll come around once she gets to know him.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Mother probably knows best. But if she goes ahead and marries him, Mom will be there to bail her out.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If the girl is atlesat 18 there is nothing more than mom can do than voice her opinion. And if she isnt then maybe waiting until she is would be best.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If the girl is 18, her parents don't have a say. I got married at 18, and my parents HATED my husband. It caused major issues in my family, so much that my parents barely spoke to us for the first three years of our marriage. Eventually, they will either have to get over it or move on.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• She doesn't need her mothers approval to marry the guy if she's over 18. Sounds like my mom, no matter who I brought home to date she hated everyone of them even though she was the one with the bad taste in men. There was only one guy she liked and he turned out to be an abuser, liar, cheater, her kind of men. The mother may just be still trying to control the girl.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'd be listening to mom's advice. She knows whats best for you.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Mom doesn't get to "not allow" who an adult child does or doesn't marry. If you want to get married, go do it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010