how do i reference a movie apa format

can somebody give me an example on how to reference a movie?? I need to reference the movie 'The Matrix' for a paper...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you google Owl APA it will give you everything you need to know about APA. It is the Purdue English dept website and I use it all the time! On the left hand side is a column of different ways to reference like newspapers, tv, unknown author, multiple authors and I am almost positive movies will be on there. GL
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• For the references it should be done as the following (according to the 6th edition of the APA manual)

Producer's name, A. A. (Producer), & Director's name, A. A. (Director). (Year). Title of motion picture [Motion Picture]. Country of Origin: Studio.

So an in text citation should probably just be the producer's name.

purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2010