Do you get angry over the fact that Americans have "come to depend" on the government for income?

lega2131

Asked by lega2131 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont think I can really get upset by this because my husband is in the Army. But should the govt be trying harder to make jobs available and get us out of this slump, YES!!!

Why cant we bring all of our outsourced jobs back to the US? I bet we are just as capable as answering a phone for tech support, or making toys, or painting toys, or what have you!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No I don't....if I got angry over everything I couldn't control I'd be a lunatic.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• People who abuse social programs.. oh absolutely.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Angry -- no. Frustrated - yes. I'm frustrated over the PA recipients who are the 3rd generation on PA. I feel frustrated that there are people who are now on PA and never intended to be, but their circumstances dictate it. The frustration of my government who seems to "want" the citizenry completely dependent on them for everything.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't depend on the government for money, none of my friends do either. That is a very general statement...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't think I get exactly angry. I get irritated or annoyed.. especially when they drive out of their govt housing in brand new cars with big rims that cost more than we make in a month... ugh. OR when they just keep having children to stay on it... Just can't understand why we allow people to ride the system... I thought even at the homeless shelters that allow some to live there.. give them a six months or something like that and help them find a job and a place.... but whatever
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• During my custody and childsupport battle both lawyers and judge came to the conclusion that their father does not have to pay health care until Im financial ineligible for medicaid or peach care for my kids. So at this moment Im a stay at home mom and get medicaid for my girls. I prefer their dad get medical insurance for them but cant make him. So I am always up at the local dfcs office. So let me tell you half the people up there I know for sure dont need the help and many of them not americans or legal. Seems to me if you move here and are legal you should not get the benefits from Our country Its not Our faults that they didnt want to stay in their country and came here and are struggling. And worst of all If they are here and not legal they should not be legally aloud to get benefits. There are many hard working families out there that struggle and dont get help. Seems unfair
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 10:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• some americans, yes. illegals, yes. generational recipients, yes. women/girls who become pregnant and get a 'gvmt daddy', yes.

tax-paying, recently unemployed or laid-off, medically bankrupt americans, no.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yes, it is sad how people will give everything up so the government can take care of them.

NOT WORTH IT TO ME!!

People who abuse social programs take away from the ones who really need it, and that is sad.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Angry, no. I have no interest in relying on the government, and I do not. I personally know 1 person who is using the system, interesting enough, he is a die-hard Republican and I silently laugh at his rants. Yes, he has been scamming all.of.his.life-sad at 55 years of age, he lacks any coping mechanisms and no longer seems to even care. Other than this 1 man, no one else I know relies on anyone but themself, to meet needs. Sometimes I think I live in another USA than many others. IMO, the vast majority of people do what they need to do to make ends meet.

I am far more concerned about the lack of American jobs and the tremendous shift of good jobs offshore- Plenty of people would work IF the jobs were available.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2010