I am truly ashamed to be...

Associated with the music of this generation. I hate that this is the music that I will grow up referring to as "music from my time." I wish we could have legendary artists like the Beatles but instead I have Lady Gaga. I hate it! Anyone agree??

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Entertainment

• I agree... the music isn't as good as it use to be but thankfully I have the right to listen to EVERYTHING, not just the lousy music my generation has been making lately.
    AugustMidge

Answer by AugustMidge at 10:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Dont bash all music till you listen to all genres. I cant stand Lad Gaga. Try listening to some country or pop. They have some great music out there
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• LIsten to a different style of music. Have you tried country music. The artists are tamer than pop. You claim what music defines your time.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I prefer alternative - I can't stand hip hop, pop or rap.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I like some of the music from now but I agree when it comes to Lady Gaga.. she is just ridiculous all the way around.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• 1: I can't stand country...I really try but I just can't do it. But I do like Garth Brooks when he was big and some other things I grew up with. I don't like pop because it's either about boyfriends/girlfriends and other stupid shit. I do like alternative though. "They have some great music out there" I don't think so. What you and I think is great is clearly different.
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I love some of the new music...I'm more of a rock girl though. I love music so much I could probably find a song out of every genre that I can relate to.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have to agree I really dislike GaGa, but then again Im a great big fun of Nickelback so what do I know? LOL
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Music from back in the day was just as sexual, just listen to the words. Led Zep, Ted Nugent, Janice Joplin, Jimi, The Doors, they were very metaphorical when referring to sex. Their parents thought that was garbage. My mom's parents thought the Beatles were evil.I don't mind Lady Gaga, she must have done something right to win Grammy after Grammy. People have to actually buy the records for her to get there.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

*********

I agree for the most part! *I do like Eminem
    I listen to alternative rock, and goth mostly with a little other stuff thrown in
    I hate the messages in a lot of the music on the mainstream radio...seems a LOT of it is about sex or drugs and honestly
    i like music/lyrics with a little more...substance (most of the time!)
    My favorite band is the Cruxshadows- very uplifting, fun and good messages
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2010