Hi I am new to America and I need some help with this because I don't quite get it..

When they say "it's on at 9/8 central" what time is that? I live in NJ and I've been seeing that on TV all the time. 9/8 central, 8/7 central etc..

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Entertainment

• people in the central time zone, there are 3 time zones in ameariac, anyway, the people in the central time zone are always either and hour ahead or behind someone else. so if youre in new jersey, youre in the eastren time zone, so your show would come on at the later time 9pm, and the ppl in the central time zone, it is only 8pm there for them. So just know when watching tv for your time zone you are the later of the times. I hope this makes sense, ive never tried to explain this before haha.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I am in Pa so we are neighbors , you would watch at 9 . The time that comes after the / is the central time !
    mamahol

Answer by mamahol at 10:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• This means it is on at 9 EST (New Jersey is EST) and 8 central time.... or whatever the hours are. Hope that helps!
    Wiifeytype1025

Answer by Wiifeytype1025 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• New Jersey is in the Eastern time zone. I live in Oklahoma so I'm in the Central time zone and our time is one hour earlier than your time.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• oh crap is it mamahoi? im on the west coast and all our shows are set to record i never pay much attention to those 8/9 times when they announce shows. oops, well listen to mama shes apparently got it right!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010