How can i get my kid to listen little more

supermommy23if

Asked by supermommy23if at 10:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A baby under a year old won't listen very well. You just have to try to distract them.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My 7 month old actually listens very well. She's in the stage where hair pulling is her thing. When she goes after our hair or something we just tell her amelia play like a nice grl ande she listens it seems.
    panda31610

Answer by panda31610 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Keep being consistent, that is the most important thing. I would do hand taps when my kids were getting into something dangerous, but mainly telling them no in a firm voice and redirecting them to a better option. It takes time but eventually they get it
    DawnDietz777

Answer by DawnDietz777 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Completely agree with the 3rd response. I see that amelia will try n pull my hair or my sisters but as soon as gma comes into the room and speaks (she's with most of the day while I work now) she will actually stop and look at her. Ppl think at an age so young they dnt understand or something but they definetly do! Just tell her over and over in a nice soft voice that's what we have done with amelia and they do actually listen and understand that early.
    panda31610

Answer by panda31610 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2010