Is it brainwashing if my child loves the music I do??

I'm a huge fan of the Beatles and so is my daughter. Her favorite songs are Yellow Submarine, When I'm 64, and Eleanor Rigby (mostly because her name is in it and she gets excited every time Paul says it). Also my child has started like other artists I like. For instance she loves Michael Jackson (especially Bad), MGMT (because she likes the video with the monsters "Kid"), and her absolute favorite song of the hour is "Get off of my cloud" by the Stones, obviously.

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• how is it brainwashing? They aren't old enough to understand that there are other kinds of music out there, all they know is that this is what mom listens to. When they get older they will start to develope their own taste in music.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No, my kids love the music I listen to. They always dance to it. Then again 90% of the stuff I listen to is country.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Little kids usually like the music their parents listen to. It's pretty common.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I know but I've been told that I'm brainwashing her and I wanted to know if anyone else thought so.
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Nope. My son loves the music I listen too, he also loves songs that his daddy listens to, & then he has songs that neither one of us can stand, like Party in the USA, He is five by the way... Right now his favorite songs are Burn it to the ground by Nickelback *I admit thats my doing & Life is Beauitful by Sixx Am, again by my doing, he also Loves Apple Bottom Jeans, Which neither my hubby or I like.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• How old is your daughter
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• 4
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No, why would you think it was brainwashing? Just curious
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No. My 2 (3 in December) can sing Bad Romance and Poker Face (if it's playing) It's actually her fault I like GaGa as much as I do.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Nah, it's not brainwashing. I wouldn't worry about it.
    LuckyPlusOne

Answer by LuckyPlusOne at 10:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010