Any Suggestions

Ok went to the doctor yesterday and they are going to have to induce me is I don't go by next Friday and I would like to make this happen as naturally as possible what should I do ?

Taylre51804

Asked by Taylre51804 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Labor acupressure, Sexual intercourse, or Walking..ive even heard eating spicy foods all day works lol good luck
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• You don't have to be induced. If you really want to avoid it then have them do an u/s so that everything is still ok and the baby is getting what it needs. If there is enough fluid and everything else looks good then its your choice. If it turns out that you need it then its best for the baby. If they get too big they dont have enough fluid etc. to keep them safe and healthy.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Walking and sex are the two big ones! I also tried raspberry leaf tea and spicy food. Ultimately, it'll happen when your body is ready, which is no consolation, I know!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I was induced because my son just didn't want to come! Sometimes you just make such a good home inside of you for your baby that they don't want to leave! Inducing may be your only option, but there are many ways that are said to induce labor, like having sex, going for long walks, eating spicy food, taking castor oil. I'm not sure what actually wil work for you, since nothing worked for me, lol. Good luck, and wishing you all the best!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I would be so scared if I had the be induced. What's their reason for induction? Everyone has kinda given ideas. Sex Sex Sex. Exercise. Make sure you get your sleep at night. I wouldn't show up to my apt.!!!!! Too scared
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My cousin's wife always went into labor after eating lots of Mexican food. I tried it about two days before my son was born. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it or not, but it's worth a shot! I actually was induced too though. My water broke, but I wasn't going into labor, so they went ahead and induced me. I was scared because I had always heard bad things about it, but I didn't think it was bad. Good luck.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 3:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2008