Did you know, everybody else knows more about raising your child than you do? (sarcasm)

I have 4 well behaved kids and everybody around me likes to give free advice. Just wanted to know if anyone else had these issues. I think it is jealousy. :)

KARRIEMARIE

Asked by KARRIEMARIE at 10:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• (Puts up umbrella to avoid falling sarcasm). Absolutely. I have three. One of them has ADHD and I am apparently wrong for putting him on medication. And another has PDD-NOS (an Autism Spectrum Disorder) and I am wrong for not "forcing" him to be "normal. (even though the person who says this has NO idea HOW to force him). When you gave birth to them, the knowledge of how to raise them went to everyone else, don'tcha know? lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Oh yeah... And the longer you're on CM the more you'll find out what a bad, uneducated, unworthy and bad mother you are... Because apparently, in order to be a member here, you have to be the perfect parent, so for those of us that come up short, we're just screwed!

**Note the sarcasm!**

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Oh absolutely! My sister doesn't have kids so she obviously knows way more than I do about raising children...
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 10:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Duh. You know NOTHING about your kids. Why on earth do you think you do? :)

(sarcasm)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yeah, according to my neighbor I wouldn't have so many problems(she makes up problems) if I would just beat them every now and then. She says she beat her kids and they are just fine. One is 325lbs and has no self esteem, and the other one is in the Navy, aggressive, anger issues, sleeps around, doesn't brush her teeth or shower, and has superiority issues. So if that's fine then I guess she's right.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Of course, my mother in law is the expert. (sarcasm)
    hjpmommy

Answer by hjpmommy at 10:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• This is the only place where anyone has ever told me I was wrong or gave me advice or criticized me. ANd I think that is because my friends and family are nice,polite and mature....they have no feelings of superiority...or the do not have need to put others down to feel better about themselves. Really.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Everyone has an opinion, even you do. I'm sure you've given your two cents whether it was asked for or not before.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I am not even talking about cafemom. I am talking about family and co workers.
    KARRIEMARIE

Comment by KARRIEMARIE (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I get the most advice form people who don't aren't in my kids life everyday. I have one who has autism and some of our family doesn't believe us. We don't share all tests therapy and everything we do with them after years of denial it isn't worth it. We share victory's and keep other things to ourselves. But I absolutely know how it is when everyone else knows how to parent my children.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2010