An ex boyfriend..

I am addicted to facebook and the other day I noticed one of my friends was friends with my ex bf from years back, he hadnt had a facebook before. Anyways, he was the one that got away, he movedand we had been dating well over a year and then we kinda agreed it was too hard to have a long distance relationship. I have been really thinking about adding him as a friend to see what he has been up to but feel weird friending him. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Add him if you wanna connect. Just don't like cheat on your husband with him. I think it's fine to be friends.
    Anonymous

• You guys parted on mutual and friendly terms? I say go ahead. There's nothing wrong with seeing how he is. Now, if it winds up he has a SO, I wouldn't get to personal and just keep it friends.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If everything ended nicely then talk to him. You said you parted friends, so open like that. The rest of the what ifs will come later, deal with them then. If you want it, life is to short to sit and do nothing, right?
    Lisa S.

Answer by Lisa S. at 10:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• This is one of those questions you should ask your husband, not us. I'm sure your dh will have a definitely opinion on this.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 11:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• There's no harm in adding him as a friend.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'd add him, but at the same time, tell your husband about it. As long as everything's on the up and up, there shouldn't be a problem.
    inthepit

Answer by inthepit at 12:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If you are single than I think it would be a good idea. If you really feel like he was the one that got away.
    DawnDietz777

Answer by DawnDietz777 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I've already added ex-boyfriends on Facebook. We're all still nice to each other and we know that nothing's going to happen. One is happily married with two little girls (his oldest is less than two weeks younger than my daughter) and the other one is still single; apparently he hasn't dated anyone since we broke up in 2003.

It's harmless to add him. If conversations get started that are reminiscent from when you were together, you need to stop it. You don't have to stop being friends, but stop that kind of conversation. This all applies if you're now married OR in a committed relationship. If you're a single mom, then you can disregard this paragraph.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2010