Chest PAINS?!

I feel like I've been punched in the chest- just above my breast (or where my breast would be if i didn't have kids hehehe). It hurts to breathe, or use my chest muscles... it' started thursday and has gotten progressively worse every day. I don't have the ability to see a doctor- but I CAN go to the ER. Does this sound like anything anyone else has had? Hubs said it could just be deep tissue bruising but I was curious if anyone else has had something similar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Health

• If it started Thursday and has gotten progressively worse every day you need to see a doc.... plain and simple!! If it were a "bruise" the pain would be getting better by now, not worse.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Why would you have deep tissue bruising? That would be the result of some kind of rather severe trauma. Besides that, it doesn't sound like typical heart-attack type symptoms.... Have you had any kind of cough lately? It could be pleurisy or something like that. Do you have any form of fever? ANY other symptoms??
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I had something similar and it was a muscle spasm causing my sternum to dislocate from my ribs (the Dr. called it something else, subplexed if I remember correctly). Try some extra strength Motrin?
    mommy2mason529

Answer by mommy2mason529 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't have any other symptoms- My husband said deep tissue bruising because I do a lot of heavy lifting and moving around at work- he thought maybe I hit my chest on something and didn't even realize it because it didn't hurt at the time...or bc I was in such a hurry it didn't matter lol. He also suggested I pulled a muscle. I haven't been sick recently- I'm pretty sure the pain is ABOVE my ribs, not below- if that makes sense....It's hard to tell tho
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 11:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Could be that you have a rib out of place. See a chiropractor ASAP.
    Anonymous

• could it be a chest infection?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2010