Congenital Heart Defects

Anyone have a child with a congenital heart defect? If so please let me know i would love to meet some people going threw or who have gone threw the same thing

tanostyna

Asked by tanostyna at 10:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter is 21 now. When she was first born about 4 weeks old we had trouble she was so congested in her lungs, I went to the doctors every day for a week. And then she got dehydrated and they put her in the hospital for a week. One of the nights I was trying to feed her, she couldn't eat, the nurse just said to keep trying. When the doctor came he put her in ICU. She had RSV with is a virus in the lungs. I found out later that kids with heart problems sometimes get this. It is some how connected. My daughter was born with Pulmonary valve stenosis. Her pulmonary valve was stuck., At 15 months old she had the balloon thing, sorry forget what it's called. She had to see her heart doctor really regulary maybe every two years? When she turned 15 they let her go and said maybe in her early 20's get it checked again. She got pregnant and we made the trip to see a heart doctor just to make sure she could take the stress .
    teddi32465

Answer by teddi32465 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My daughter has a chd. She is 4 now but had open heart surgery at 2 months old.
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 4:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2010