Has anyone traveled with blood glucose testing supplies in your carry-on?

I'm going to be flying Wednesday and I have to take my testing supplies for blood sugar. I'm worried on whether the lancets are permitted in the carry-on or not. They are not list on the prohibited items but the the TSA, who freaking knows.

Anna-Chubaby

Asked by Anna-Chubaby at 10:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Travel

• I carry my kit and have never even had them question me. Just flew SW in August, no problem.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Call the airline, but I am sure they are fine. They are medical equipment, so there has to be an exemption for them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Take a doctor's note on official letterhead. Contact information for your doctor. Also call the airline ahead of time and let them know of the situation and ask everything you need to do in order to fly.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• FIL has never had a problem taking that stuff with him.
    Anonymous

• I had the same concerns about my dd's epipen.  I phoned the airport and spoke to security, they said it shouldn't be a problem but I should have a doctors note to be on the safe side.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My parents travel with that and insulin. They take a mini ice chest with ice packs to keep the insulin chilled. Make sure your medicines and equipment (sharps) have your prescription on them with your name that matches your Drivers License or Passport.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2010