what do i do if my 2yr old wont go to sleep?

We use to could put him to bed by 9pm & he would sleep til 8pm. Now he will not go to sleep @ night. When I leave the room he cries as loud as he possibly can.

Charm221

Asked by Charm221 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, make certain he has light and maybe a song or story on cd to listen to. And get into a very strict routine. Ours is brush teeth, put on pjs, 3 stories, (each kid chooses one then I do) then daddy reads devotionals then it is off to bed.

If mine dont go right to sleep, they listen to a CD or music...

If they get out of bed, I help them back to bed. Just keep putting them back to bed. if they need a drink, bring it to them, dont get caught up in chatting LOL
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Then he would get a timeout and then back to bed. He is training you to serve him. you need to lay down the law. You are in charge, he is NOT.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I think the above suggestions are good, but I would also add that IMO, 9 pm is WAY too late for a 2-year-old. "Healthy sleep habits, happy child" recommends a bedtime between 7-8 for good brain development and attitude. I do realize not every child is a textbook child :). However, I do think it would be worth it to try moving his bedtime earlier to see if it will help. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010