What do you think about this for a birthday gift for a two year old?

We were totally lost when we started trying to figure out what to get our daughter for her 2nd birthday, but then we realized that she's never really colored. So, we went to Target and got her a giant coloring book and drawing pad, and some of the huge crayons for little kids. Kind of cheap, but she has tons of clothes and toys, and this seemed like a good way to A) start her creativity, and B) give us a chance to start working on ABCs and numbers a little bit.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think that was a great choice!
    It's creative, it's practical, and it'll really help her blossom. I think.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Good choice. Washable crayons I hope. :)
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Its a great idea
    jessicawhite07

Answer by jessicawhite07 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I think it's an awesome gift. My daughter is 3 and she absolutely loves it. When she turned 2 we got her some water color paper and some water colors. She thought that was the best gift and it was the cheapest.
    DawnDietz777

Answer by DawnDietz777 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• What a wonderful idea! My kids all loved to color and draw when they were little, two of them still love it and they are 22 and 19. Coloring is a great way to open the door to art and creativity.
    Angela H.

Answer by Angela H. at 10:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Sounds good! I don't have any problem with not buying expensive stuff for babies.... all that really matters is if they can enjoy it or use it! In fact, my son just had his 1st b-day and, of course, he liked the boxes the best. Actually, he's had the most fun with the balloons!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• 2 year olds really don't know what a birthday is, so it's not like the gift matters to them. My son doesn't have very many toys so i'm getting him one big toy when he turns 2. but i will say that i have bought him coloring books and crayons and construction paper and even though he's 21 months, the only thing he's interested in is biting the tips off the crayons. so keep a close eye on her
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010